From Ju's wiki
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
Salt 1/2 tsp (4g) baking soda 2kg waxy potatoes, peeled & cut into big chunks (quarters, sixths, depending on size) 5 tbsp (75ml) extra-virgin olive oil, duck fat, goose fat, or beef fat Small handful picked rosemary leaves, finely chopped 3 medium cloves garlic, minced Ground black pepper Parsley, minced
1. Baking soda & 2 tbsp salt to 2l boiling water, then add potato chunks and simmer for 10-20 mins (knife should meet little resistance when inserted)
2. While potatoes are simmering, add oil, garlic and some ground black pepper to pan and heat up. Remove from heat when garlic starts to brown, add rosemary let sit for a minute, then strain. Keep garlic & rosemary for later.
3. Strain potatoes and let steam for a minute to get rid of excess moisture.
4. Mix in bowl or pot with infused oil. Keep tossing until chunks are covered with mashed potato-like paste.
5. Spread chunks on baking sheet and roast in oven at ca. 230°C for 30-40 min until deep brown. After 20 minutes start flipping chunks occasionally.
6. Transfer roast potatoes to bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper, the garlic/rosemary from earlier and parsley.